Operations Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining production systems as part of the Operations team. These duties include release deployment, automation, and system maintenance. Selected candidate will also serve as a technical lead on strategic, infrastructure related projects to provide insight and direction. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, are key attributes. Requires in-depth knowledge of Cloud infrastructure management and scripting languages used for automation (Shell, Python, Perl, etc.). In depth SQL/NoSQL management experience a definite plus.
What You'll Do:
- Writing scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of systems in a distributed, cloud infrastructure.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams.
- Take an active role in developing the long-range technical infrastructure and architecture plans.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize the reliability and performance of our infrastructure automation.
- Design and implement proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of our production and non-production cloud infrastructure.
- Plan automated backups and disaster recovery/fail-over configurations.
- Work with other development team to profile and optimize reference architectures.
- Develop capacity plans for new & existing clusters.
- Produce high quality systems documents.
What You'll Need:
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or equivalent.
- Production experience administrating highly-available cloud architectures.
- Experience in cloud automation using tools such as Ansible and Chef.
- Expert in high availability applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance.
- Systems administration including custom distributions, user and account management, patching and scripting.
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated master of Linux System Administration.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining cloud based systems.